Thank You for Signing Up! Here's How You Can Get Started
Pass a Resolution at Your Town Meeting or Your City Council Calling to Overturn Citizens United and Get Big Money Out of Politics.1. See if someone else is already signed up in your city or town. If they are, reach out to them to see how you can help.
2. If there isn’t someone already signed up, let us
know if want to be listed as helping to lead your local effort. Send Daniel email@example.com your name, phone, email, and address
and let us know what information we can list publicly.
3. Get started!
- If you live in a New Hampshire town, here are simple steps to get the resolution before your town.
- If you live in one of New Hampshire’s 13 cities: Berlin, Claremont, Concord, Dover, Franklin, Keene, Laconia, Lebanon, Manchester, Portsmouth or Rochester, your process may be different. Check at your city hall and we will follow up with you to help move things forward in your city. Here are resources to help you pass a resolution through your city council.
4. Here is agreed upon resolution language (PDF) that we encourage you to use.
5. Use these resources to help in your effort
- Hand-out to share while you are gathering petition signatures (PDF)
- Poll Shows New Hampshire Residents Support an Amendment
- Editorials, Articles and Op-Eds
- Warren Rudman, the late NH Republican U.S. Senator's Op Ed
- Conservative Case to Overturn Citizens United (PDF)
- How Does Citizens United Affect Our City (PDF)
- Corporations Are Not People (PDF)
- Money Is Not Speech (PDF)
- Small Businesses Poll Strongly Against Citizens United (PDF)
- Growing Republican Support for a Constitutional Amendment (PDF)
- Sample Media Advisory for Resolution Passage
- Sample Press Release for Resolution Passage